Swidget 1.0

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life is toooooo Short Not to be Happy

My mom used to say that to me when I had my black days.  I try to keep it in mind whenever Nick and I argue or things don't go like I want them too!  I keep thinking I need to try to make the difference in my life to make myself happier.  I'm bored at home so I need to find a job plus any extra income will help pay my loan quicker.  Plus it be really nice to be able to help Nick with bills.  He's so good to me paying for food.  I try to think about that when we argue too.  He also makes me laugh like no one else; except maybe my sister, they have the same humor! 

I think that sometimes we don't look at what we have and be thankful for it.  Sometimes it takes hearing a friends less fortunate times or seeing something in the news to make me think about my life.  Then I feel terrible.  I'm sure I'm not alone in not thinking about the gift I have been given till I get a message slammed into me.  That's why I try to be happy no matter what.  I don't want to be unhappy so I need to appreciate all the gifts I have.  Yes, my best friends and family are in NY but they're amazing people and I am lucky to have them in my life.  Another saying my mom says Life is What You Make It.  So here I am in SD; I chose to move here for a guy.  Who I think is amazing even if I don't tell him enough.  So I chose to go to SD because I think this is the man who will make me happy for the rest of my life.  CORNY, I know.  I always wanted to be one of those old couples in the store holding hands who look like they're 80.  Nick and I will be the couple bickering and threatening to beat each other with our canes.  We're like that now tho!  I do know we're happy together and despite our relationship being different I am happy with it! 

So go out do things you like to do.  Go hike in the park its better then a movie you get exercise you can talk see the sites!  Spend time with the people you love.  They're the ones who make you happy right?  Live your life to the fullest.  It doesn't mean you have to spend money; travel or have the latest things.  It just means look at your life and be thankful for the wonderful things and people you have in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment