Swidget 1.0

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bargain Seeds

So Nick and I did some grocery shopping today we were totally out of milk and eggs.  These are a staple in our house.  Well we went to his local grocery store and got what we needed then headed to Dollar general and I found their seeds on 50% off when they were originally three for a dollar that makes an awesome sale price!  Some ended up being 15 cents instead of 17 so that was great!  It made my day.  Then we went to Alco and got some canning jars some discounted movies and I found a coupon for 20% off any item.  So of course I put it towards the most expensive one!  We also had our coupon of 2% off for spending 100 bucks at the store.  So we saved a little bit more.  I do like that; we support local and get a nice bonus.  I know 2% isn't much but it's still nice.  If you don't shop local you lose those little stores that sometimes carry the best things you can't find anywhere else. 

So if you buy your seeds on sale like I do just make sure you store them someplace they will stay dry and they will be fine for next year and; hey if you can save yourself some cash it makes it better. I like having my seeds early so I can plan and start them in all the windows!  We use yogurt cups to start them.  I also usually use barn yard dirt but since I'm off the farm ill have to dig a pail of Nick's lawn up!  He has great black dirt here.  I dislike most seed started I end up wither random weeds growing in my seeds. 

Anyways off to watch a bargain weird movies with Nick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment