Swidget 1.0

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bats in the House and the Joys of Animals

So yesterday my two cats are freaking out and attacking the recliner.  I figured there must be a mouse in it since I heard squeaking.  I flipped the chair over so they could get it but I didn't see anything.  Later that night when Nick got home I told him about it and as he sat in the chair I heard the squeaking again.  He tells me that it's not a mouse but a bat from the sounds of it.  I hate bats, I don't know why but they just creep me out.  So I have to admit I'm glad I didn't find it when I flipped the chair over.  SO right after Nick leaves it comes out and flies around the living room and of course it flies circles over top of where I am.  I crawl over open the door does it go out?  No, of course not.  So it's now either in the bookshelf, or its behind it.  I wasn't sure and neither were the cats.   Ugh, I admit I'm rather freaked out.  Also when I went to the garden this morning there was a doe at the far end of the garden who snorted and stomped at me.  After she ran into the woods I could hear her smashing around right along where my corn is.  I figured from her actions she had a fawn somewhere nearby.  Then on the way to work I almost hit a pheasant.  All I could think was with the way my day is going I will hit that bird it will go through the radiator and ruin my day.  Then I'll have to listen to Nick telling me "this is why we can't have nice things".  On a good note I did miss the bird and made it to work OK.  Sadly the location of Mr. Bat is unknown....

No comments:

Post a Comment