Swidget 1.0

Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Roll Pie Crust

So here's my deal, my mom makes the best rolled out pie crust, I did not inherit that skill. I can manage but there never pretty and it always ends up making me mad.
1 and 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar I sometimes add more depending on what I'm putting in the shell
1/2 cup butter ( I use butter I prefer the flavor I'm sure you could use oil)
2 tablespoons of milk
Mix the dry ingredients in the pie pan then add the liquid. It seems a bit greasy but seems to make a nice crispy crust when cooked. I found it to be like a shortbread consistency.
I've been using it for my pecan pies. I think with a little less sugar it would be good for quiches. I don't cook the crust till I've added the filling. If you are going to make a custard pie though you should cook it at 350 for 10-12 minutes just make sure the crust is golden brown. Plus you only make the pie pan dirty when doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment